The Planning Commission is a five-member committee, appointed by Borough Council. Its role is advisory. The Borough Manager serves as an ex officio member. The mission of the Planning Commission is to ensure the Borough’s Comprehensive Plan and its Subdivision and Land Development Ordinance are consistent with the Pennsylvania Municipalities Planning Code. Its responsibilities include:
- Reviewing the Borough’s codes, plans and maps to recommend any necessary amendments to Borough Council.
- Reviewing all Subdivision and Land Development Applications.
- Preparing and updating the Borough’s Comprehensive Plan.
- Anticipating and addressing any potential problems relating to development.
- Representing the Borough on land use matters with neighboring municipalities.
Meeting Date: 1st Wednesday of the month
Planning Commission Members
- Gregory J. D’Angelo, Vice Chair
- Lillian Higgins
- Greta Martin Washington, Chair
- Mark Tarlecki
- Jocelyn Tenney, Secretary