- FULL-TIME POLICE OFFICER: The Montgomery County Consortium of Communities (on behalf of their respective Civil Service Commissions and/or Municipalities), and the Township of Warminster (Bucks County) will be conducting a written examination for the position of entry level Police Officer on Saturday, March 9, 2019 at the Montgomery County Community College, Parkhouse Hall, 340 DeKalb Pike, Blue Bell, PA 19422.
As part of the testing process, the North Wales Borough Police Department, along with 15 other communities, will begin accepting applications from qualified candidates beginning Wednesday, January 23, 2019. All applications must be submitted in electronic form no later than 5 PM on Thursday, February 28, 2019. A fee of $25.00 must be paid at the time of application using a PayPal account linked to the application. Applicants who do not have access to a computer may utilize a public library to submit their application.
The minimum qualifications for entry level police officer are found within the electronic application and may vary for each participating department. All applicants who achieve a passing score in the written examination will also be required to pass a physical agility test. The standards for successfully completing the agility test are found at www.mpoetc.state.pa.us using the thirtieth percentile. Start your application here.
- CROSSING GUARD: Please contact the Police Department at (215) 699-4424, x100.
- PART-TIME POLICE OFFICER: This is a non-civil service position. Applicants must be at least 21 years of age and must have completed Act 120 Training (certificate must be presented at time of application). Must be able to pass a background check. This officer is expected to work 16 to 25 hours per week. Must be able to work shift work, including weekends. Prior police experience preferred.
Candidates interested in the crossing guard or part-time police officer positions must apply in person at the Police Department, 300 School Street, North Wales, PA 19454. Office hours are Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 A.M. and 4 P.M. Resumes may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not hesitate to contact us at (215) 699-4424, x100 with any questions or concerns.
- FULL-TIME PUBLIC WORKS SUPERVISOR: North Wales Borough is currently seeking a qualified individual to manage the Public Works Department. This is a full-time position with excellent benefits. Please click here for the job description, with a list of qualifications and expectations.
- PART-TIME SECRETARY/CLERK: North Wales Borough is currently seeking a qualified individual for a part-time position in the Administration Department. This employee is expected to work between 16 and 24 hours per week. Please click here for the job description, with a list of qualifications and expectations.
Candidates interested in the above positions must complete and return the EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION to the Borough. Applications and resumes can be dropped off at Borough Hall, 300 School Street, North Wales PA, 19454, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 A.M. and 4 P.M. or be submitted electronically to email@example.com. Please do not hesitate to contact us at (215) 699-4424 with any questions or concerns.
Boards & Commissions
- Historical Architectural Review Board – Term Expires: 12/31/2023 *Must be a licensed real estate broker.
- Parks and Recreation Board – Term Expires: 12/31/2019
- Planning Commission – Term Expires: 12/31/2020
- Shade Tree Commission – Term Expires: 12/31/2019
- Zoning Hearing Board – Term Expires: 12/31/2023
Please submit a letter of interest for any one or more of the above listed openings, addressed to the North Wales Borough Council in care of the Borough Manager. Letters can be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.